Three main areas to stay in Jamaica · Negril · Montego Bay · Ocho Rios.
- 1 What is the nicest part of Jamaica to visit?
- 2 Which is better Negril or Montego Bay?
- 3 Where is the best place in Jamaica to stay?
- 4 Where is the safest place to stay in Jamaica?
- 5 Which is better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
- 6 Which part of Jamaica has the best beaches?
- 7 Why is it called Bloody Bay Jamaica?
- 8 Is Negril or Ocho Rios better?
- 9 What is Negril known for?
- 10 Whats better Bahamas or Jamaica?
- 11 How long is the ride from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
- 12 What’s the best time of year to visit Jamaica?
- 13 Is Jamaica cheap to visit?
- 14 What should I avoid in Jamaica?
- 15 Which Caribbean island is the safest?
- 16 Which is cheaper Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?
- 17 What is Ochos Rios known for?
- 18 How long is the Bob Marley tour in Jamaica?
- 19 Which part of Jamaica has the clearest water?
- 20 Can you walk the beaches in Jamaica?
- 21 Does Montego Bay have white sand?
- 22 What month is the cheapest to go to Jamaica?
- 23 Are there sharks in Jamaica Negril?
- 24 Who lives on Little Cayman Island?
- 25 Is Montego Bay or Kingston better?
- 26 Where do you fly into to go to Negril Jamaica?
- 27 Is Runaway Bay Jamaica nice?
- 28 What does Negril mean in English?
- 29 How much is a taxi from Montego Bay to Negril?
- 30 Are there casinos in Negril Jamaica?
- 31 Where is the cheapest island to travel to?
What is the nicest part of Jamaica to visit?
16 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Jamaica
- Negril Beach & the Negril Cliffs. Negril Beach. …
- Rafting the Martha Brae River. Rafting the Martha Brae River. …
- Dunn’s River Falls. Dunn’s River Falls. …
- Blue and John Crow Mountains National Park. …
- Port Antonio. …
- Doctor’s Cave Beach, Montego Bay. …
- Blue Hole, Ocho Rios. …
- Rio Grande River.
Which is better Negril or Montego Bay?
The fact of the matter is, both are great places. If short airport transfers and a buzzing nightlife are important to you, Montego Bay is your pick. Looking for a more quaint and laid back destination, with some of Jamaica’s best beaches? Negril is the vacation destination of your choice.
Where is the best place in Jamaica to stay?
Where to stay in Jamaica: Best areas
- Negril, where to stay in Jamaica for first time visitors. …
- Montego Bay, best place to stay in Jamaica for nightlife. …
- Ocho Rios, where to stay in Jamaica for families. …
- Treasure Beach, where to stay in Jamaica for rustic relaxation. …
- Kingston, capital and cultural centre of Jamaica.
Where is the safest place to stay in Jamaica?
Safest Places to Visit in Jamaica
- Safe Town for Resort Living. Ocho Rios. Ocho Rios is a comfortable and secure tourist hotspot on Jamaica’s north coast. …
- Gateway to Jamaica’s Natural Side. Port Antonio. Stay in Port Antonio’s center and spend your day out on excursions. …
- Land of Pristine Beaches. Negril.
Which is better Montego Bay or Ocho Rios?
Conclusion: Both areas of the island are beautiful and are well suited for a relaxing vacation. Montego Bay is better for families with children and for those who don’t plan to explore the island much. Ocho Rios is better for young adults, adventure seekers, and people who don’t have children.
Which part of Jamaica has the best beaches?
We recommend the North West coast for Jamaica’s best beaches. Try Seven Mile Beach, the best beach in Negril for crystal clear oceans, family fun and a laid back vibe, or Montego Bay for incredible snorkeling, white sandy shores and lots to see and do.
Why is it called Bloody Bay Jamaica?
Bloody Bay got its name because it was used by 19th-century whalers who butchered their catch there. The whales were towed in to be disembowelled and it is said that the waters of the bay frequently ran red with their blood.
Is Negril or Ocho Rios better?
Negril is the place to be if you’re looking for the best family-friendly beaches. Older kids will love the waterfalls, Blue Hole, White River tubing and Mystic Mountain adventure park near Ocho Rios, which is a good option for a more active vacation with the kids.
What is Negril known for?
Negril is the epitome of relaxation. Famous for beautiful sunsets, a 7-mile stretch of bright white sandy beach, and picturesque cliffs overlooking the emerald green sea, this is the place for you to come and soothe your soul.
Whats better Bahamas or Jamaica?
Both Jamaica and the Bahamas offer a good variety of water sports activities, beaches, and nightlife, but if you’re more into cultural activities, Jamaica is the solid winner. Bahamas feels more like a resort island that’s a paradise built for tourists.
How long is the ride from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios?
approximately 1h 42m
Yes, the driving distance between Montego Bay to Ocho Rios is 105 km. It takes approximately 1h 42m to drive from Montego Bay to Ocho Rios.
What’s the best time of year to visit Jamaica?
The best time to go to Jamaica is November until mid-December, when resort and flight deals are great and peak season hasn’t arrived yet. If you don’t mind the crowds, your best bet is to visit Jamaica from mid-December until April, when the weather is optimal for a beach vacation.
Is Jamaica cheap to visit?
In fact, Jamaica is one of the cheapest islands in the Caribbean. A smattering of guesthouses and hostels abound, local food is delicious, and and a comprehensive bus system links the island’s larger towns.
What should I avoid in Jamaica?
What should I avoid in Jamaica?
- Avoid exploring the island by taxi.
- Don’t accept rides from strangers.
- Don’t lose sight of your belongings.
- Don’t underestimate the roadside jerk shacks.
- Avoid getting split up from your friends.
- Don’t backpack alone through Jamaica.
- Avoid walking around Kingston at night.
Which Caribbean island is the safest?
Montserrat. Nicknamed “The Emerald Isle of the Caribbean” both for its terrain and the heritage of its inhabitants, Montserrat is a British territory in the Leeward Islands and it is considered to be the safest island in the Caribbean, with its last recorded murder occurring in 2008.
Which is cheaper Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?
When we compare the travel costs of actual travelers between Ocho Rios and Montego Bay, we can see that Montego Bay is more expensive. And not only is Ocho Rios much less expensive, but it is actually a significantly cheaper destination. So, traveling to Ocho Rios would let you spend less money overall.
What is Ochos Rios known for?
Ocho Rios, affectionately called ‘Ochi’, is probably best known for its use in Dr No, the very first James Bond film, released in 1962. 4. For a taste of traditional, spicy, smoked jerk meats, you can’t miss out on the Ocho Rios Jerk Center – known to occasionally turn herbivores into carnivores.
How long is the Bob Marley tour in Jamaica?
Then, your Rastafarian guide will share tales of Bob Marley’s childhood and musical career. Our Bob Marley Nine Mile Excursion is a tour for die-hard Bob Marley fans and for those seeking a better understanding of a young man whose music and vision helped change people’s thoughts worldwide.
Which part of Jamaica has the clearest water?
Doctor’s Cave beach is Jamaica’s oldest established beach, and one of its prettiest. With none of the frills of the other beaches mentioned before, Doctors Cave is the beach for the purist. Beautiful, with the clearest, bluest water imaginable, this is the beach to go to for a pure beach experience.
Can you walk the beaches in Jamaica?
you can walk south on Long Beach or walk North on Bloody Bay . Sorry but neither Couples Resorts offer that !! (without a taxi). The OP requested beach walks, not pampering.
Does Montego Bay have white sand?
Your All-In Luxury™ vacation starts on one of the Caribbean’s most idyllic settings. “White Sands” beach in Jamaica is a powdery white slice of paradise, separating lush tropical gardens from the turquoise Caribbean Sea, just a 35 minute drive from the Montego Bay Airport.
What month is the cheapest to go to Jamaica?
When is the cheapest time to book a trip to Jamaica? Jamaica off-season is the cheapest. It is during the months May, June, September, October, and November. These months are usually the rainy season in Jamaica although the country gets ample sunshine and nice tropical weather during these months.
Are there sharks in Jamaica Negril?
Are there sharks in Jamaica? Tiger, hammerhead, Caribbean reef, nurse and bull sharks can all be found in Jamaica’s warm waters – but don’t worry. These sharks are not aggressive and are unlikely to attack unless provoked.
Who lives on Little Cayman Island?
The majority of the population are expatriate workers from Jamaica, the Philippines, and Honduras and from other Latin American countries as well as Canada, the USA, India, Australia, Scotland, England, and South Africa. There are a handful of local Caymanians estimated as fewer than 20.
Is Montego Bay or Kingston better?
In short, Montego Bay is generally better for tourists looking for a laid-back, care-free vacation. Kingston is not really a tourist town, offering fewer attractions and fewer quality beaches. It is mainly a business city, a center for industry, banking and shipping.
Where do you fly into to go to Negril Jamaica?
Montego Bay Airport
The best way to get to Negril is by flying into Montego Bay Airport and taking a transfer to your hotel/resort.
Is Runaway Bay Jamaica nice?
Runaway Bay is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica, Since the early 1960s, when the old Cardiff Hall Estate was converted to a combination of luxury hotels, golf courses and private villas, the town has developed its own character and persona as an elegant yet lively getaway.
What does Negril mean in English?
little black ones
Negril, a shortened version of “Negrillo”, meaning ‘little black ones’, was named by the Spanish in 1494. There are two theories as to how it got its name: firstly, the black cliffs south of the village, and secondly, the large amount of black eels along Negril’s coast.
How much is a taxi from Montego Bay to Negril?
$110 – $130
The quickest way to get from Montego Bay to Negril is to taxi which costs $110 – $130 and takes 1h 15m.
Are there casinos in Negril Jamaica?
There is one well established casino in Negril: Casino Clubhotel Riu Negril & Riu Palace Tropical Bay. Alongside the typical betting tables and slot machine games, you can also check out other kinds of entertainment, such as shows, special evenings, snacks, happy hours, surprise games and dinners.
Where is the cheapest island to travel to?
So here are 17 cheap islands to visit around the world!
- Kauai, Hawaii. Known as “The Garden Isle”, this tropical and wild island of Hawaii is one of the best cheap islands to visit in the USA. …
- Koh Phi Phi, Thailand. …
- Ios, Greece. …
- Isla Mujeres, Mexico. …
- Puerto Rico. …
- Zanzibar, Tanzania. …
- Isle of Skye, Scotland. …
- Turks and Caicos.
Maybe you are interested in:
- best place to visit in jamaica for couples
- things to do in jamaica
- where to stay in jamaica
- best place to go in jamaica for adults
- things to do in jamaica during covid
- best places to stay in jamaica
- best time to visit jamaica